Friday, April 15, 2011

It Feels like Spring


This looks like spring, finally.  The magnolia is in beautiful bloom and the soft pink is perfect!  Also, my lemon tree is looking good after spending the winter inside on the kitchen table facing south.  The birds are loud but I can't see them.  The  garden  isn't  full of weeds yet so I am free for the time being.




Projects

My dear  friend gave me the idea that this hanging really needed!!  Bling!!  The  center of the piece is a coil of snappy glass beads.  They sparkle from every direction and add a neat focal point to the piece.
I am going to add batting and a backing to it and do a little quilting on it.  I dyed the roving and thought of this design and felted it on my machine.  Because it is large, it was a tricky thing to do.  It does attack attention, one way or another.

I dyed some white roving with kool aid and a touch of food coloring but wasn't pleased with the shade of green, so I whipped out the paint and did a bit of touch up on a few areas.  I'll see how it dries.

I am still in the wood shop thinking of new box ideas and I have one in the making with shell on top.  I think it looks snazzy.  I'll have it finished soon, I hope.

I am machine knitting the sweater on this magazine cover.   There are direction for hand and machine knitting.  My machine doesn't  do the gauge that is suggested so after two days of math and knit experiencing for gauge, I think I got it!  I did the whole back, measured, ripped it all out and started again and now I have the back finished, just to bind of on the top and the bottom ribbing.  I looks like this ......




The two fronts should go easier and faster, I hope. The yarn is a blend of nylon, rayon and linen, so  I think it will be great from summer, when it comes!



Finally, I am also wrapping rope for another client's bowl.  This one is going to be oval in a red print and a blue textured fabric.  It shall be stunning!!


So, Live, Laugh and Love !
               Sophie

1 comment: