Saturday, April 9, 2011

After the Vacation


The Alaskan vacation was super relaxing, fun, great home cooked meals and son and grandson turned a year older and wiser. We did see two moose, camera packed away, but always see that they were there.
< They were the only moose we saw the whole time, although we looked for more. There still was snow in Anchorage and lots of ice






The shopping I did came up with mostly books, books and magazines.
One book was a challenge with rope shapes, such as vases and pitchers. I did the vase pattern and love it. The flowers on my vase are made from Tyvek, cut the squares and rectangles out and paint both sides.Use a heat gun to make them curl up.

I used a heat gun as the iron was way too slow.

The Now Project


I am now working on a red piece of felting. There is also pink, orange and yellow in it. I am doing it abstract and not framing it.

It will have irregular edges with a stiff backing. I am doing the finishing touches now and I like the creativity of it all.

Much to Do


There is always so much to catch  up with in the yard, mowing, weeding and planting.  I weeded our small garden box and transplanted the rhubarb, leaving the heather alone, and planted the one bulb, Dahlia, which will give 18 blooms and spread.




That one white stem you see is really a daliha stem starting. The whole box does look better.
So, Live, Laugh and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment