Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Middle of the Night Spin

It is 3:29am, Pacific time and I am wide awake.  The full moon must have something to do with it.  It has for years, where I wake in the middle of the and wide awake for hours.  I must admit I like the quiet darkness and I can see the lights of the city across the Bay.  Almost like being in New York.

Yesterday, after a trip to the doctor for my husband and a terrific report, I was ready to settle down and get some work done on my felting.  I changed from my wonderfully fit Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and white  blouse to work clothes.  I dyed a huge hunk of roving a nice soft blue and another hunk yellow.  I used Rit Dye this time. Today, I will use the yellow to brighten up the last wall hanging and the blue will wait awhile.

We had a brief time of sunshine after a downpour of rain and I like that the sun spurs me on.  If you haven't checked out a newish yarn, call Cha Cha, please do.  Great Yarns in Everett, Wa., for one has it and  oh so much more.  They had some glass beads that were so tiny and posh, I need to try them too.  The new yarns, patterns and such are absolutely great and I have trouble getting to them all.  It is like "
 there are so many things to do and not enough people to do them."

My housekeeping duties are on standby and they have always waited for me.  Besides some laundry today, so I can felt a scarf I knit and even dyed my own yarn in four colors.  Right now, I don't know what it will become.  I'll think about it after I see it felted.

I love to decoupage and found an ad in a magazine where it looked like cars had been decoupaged.  What an idea!.  Maybe one would have to use rolls of wall paper, but it would get the job done.  My son is happy I have put aside the decoupage now and into felting.  I'm not sure he understands how it is done, since I have the machine.

This is a picture a friend sent me and it fits my time of night now.  I think it is beautiful and very clever photography.

Before the sun comes up, I'll say Good Night.  One does need beauty sleep.
Remember to Live, Laugh and Love today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment