Monday, March 14, 2011

Today's Spin

Today it's windy, stormy day, with sunshine but that won't stop me from having fun with my first blog post.

Today, I woke rearing to go and finish my felted wall hanging before my friend came to visit.  That plus having to vacuum and clean the bathroom.  I have been working on a large abstract hanging for a lot of hours.  I turned it every which way but up!!  I did get it done and just have to put it under the felting machine now to stamp it all in place.  Once my hubby is better ( fractured spine) he can build me some frames, shadow boxes and I can get on to the next project.

 Then I am on my 236th  baby cap for new borns. I found out "they" like the square ones with a pom pom on each corner.  Sooooo I'm hand knitting a few of those too.

I have to tell everyone in the world that I  lost 11 pounds this past 10 days.  Wow!!  What an accomplishment.  My siblings, many, are so proud of me and I always tell too soon, so I need to be careful and keep it off.  Any ideas???  I have been too heavy, I think, to wear high heels with my Gloria Vanderbilt  jeans.  So that is my goal.  I am 5 feet 11 inches and since I wasn't able too grow 6 inches, It came to me that I need to lose a few pounds.

My retirement days have been the best of my life.  Get up when I feel like it.  (Tell friends not to call before 9 am) eat, when I am hungry and read and sleep whenever I like.  I am one of those special people that wakes at 2:30am and especially during a full moon, and read or work till 5am.  Then my doc gave me some help and wow, does that ever make a difference.  Now I have enough energy to paint a barn, plus
knit, sew, felt and paint.  I love  to do it all.  Being a Gemini, I do like variety and my hands always busy!

My first, not last, blog was fun and exciting. You will definitely hear more from me soon.
Live, Love and Laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment